New Employee Orientation
Reminder: Please do not attend the following orientations until your hiring lead has notified you of your clearance to start work.
As a new team member of Rady Children's Hospital-San Diego, you are required to attend New Employee Orientation. These sessions will provide you with valuable information about Rady Children’s and satisfy your Joint Commission orientation attendance requirements.
A series of New Employee Orientation sessions begins every other Monday.
Location: Medical Office Building (MOB), 3030 Children's Way, Suite 113, San Diego, CA 92123
- New Employee Orientation starts at 8:00 am and ends at 4:30 p.m.
- Morning refreshments and lunch will be provided.
- Dress in layers as room temperatures vary. Dress comfortably, but no open-toed shoes or other violations of the Hospital appearance policy.
- The last session of the day is the Benefits Orientation. If you are not planning to sign up for elective benefits, you will be finished before 4:30 p.m.
- Please plan to arrive 15-20 minutes early to accommodate time for parking and refreshments. If you do not have your new employee badge, please park in visitor parking and we will validate your parking.
Clinical Orientation: RN's, RT's, LVN's
Day 2, Tuesday
8:00 - 12:00 - EPIC Computer Training
12:00 - 12:30 - Lunch
12:30 - 4:30 - Clinical Skills Lab
Day 3, Wednesday
8:00 - 8:30 - Magnet Journey & Professional Practice Model
8:30 - 9:15 - Medication Safety
9:15 - 10:15 - Trauma
10:15 - 1030 - Break
10:30 - 11:15 - Clinical Education
11:15 - 12:00 - Healing Touch
You will also receive department orientation specific to your area and job responsibilities. This will be scheduled with your department leader.