What to Expect as an Applicant
- Rady Children's requires all applicants to complete an application. You may complete an online application our our website or a paper application in our Human Resources Department. We are located at 3020 Children's Way, Building 24 (2nd Floor), San Diego, CA 92123. We are open from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Rady Children's considers all applications, and qualified applicants are forwarded to the hiring department. If you are selected for an interview, the department leadership will contact you.
- If you are selected to receive an offer, Human Resources will contact you.
- Upon acceptance of an offer, Human Resources will schedule an appointment with you to start your pre-employment process. This appointment will take approximately one hour. During your appointment you will sign a release form authorizing Rady Children's to perform criminal, employment, educational and reference checks. Your offer is contingent upon the results received from these checks. You will also receive information regarding the pre-employment physical, to be completed at a later time.
- You will need to bring the following documents to your Human Resources appointment:
a) Names, addresses, phone numbers and e-mail addresses of three work references (preferably supervisors). Your last employer's performance evaluation may be submitted in the place of one work references.
b) Applicable licenses, certificates and diplomas, based on the position requirements (originals only).
c) Original Social Security card, for the purpose of payroll and background checks.
d) Current government issued photo identification for the background check and if applicable for the position.
e) A voided check from an account that you would like to use to set up direct deposit.
f) Original documents that prove you are eligible to work in the United States and your identity. For a list of acceptable documents, please consider I-9 Document List.
If you choose to use your Social Security Card to fulfill this requirement, please note that laminated Social Security Cards cannot be accepted. If your card is laminated, you will need to go to the Social Security Administration to request a new one. They will provide you a receipt that we will accept temporarily (up to 90 days) until you receive your new card.
- After completing all conditions of employment, with the exception of the pre-employment physical, you will be given the phone number to contact the Occupational Health and Safety Department to schedule an appointment. At your appointment, you will complete your pre-employment physical and drug screen. You will need to bring the following original documents to the OH&S appointment:
a) A current picture ID, which includes your picture, your name, future expiration date and your signature.
b) Any documented immunization records, including Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (measles), Varicella (chicken pox) and Hepatitis B. Include TB tests completed within the last 12 months and, if positive, documentation of the positive PPD and/or copy of your chest x-ray results.
c) Completed medical questionnaire (HR will provide you with the questionnaire). All medical information is kept confidential and disclosed only as required by law or with your authorization.
** It is very important that you complete the form accurately and thoroughly. Please note that failure to include information may lead to rescinding of the employment offer. **
The physical process takes approximately 1½ hour to complete. Please plan your schedule accordingly. Please do not bring children with you to the appointment, as we cannot take responsibility for them while they are unattended during the process.
d) Annual influenza immunization is a condition of hire and retention of all employees. All employees must be vaccinated within two weeks following notification of vaccine availability to staff. Declinations will be considered for the following reasons:
1. Medical contraindication for the vaccine, which include documented egg allergy or documentation of a past personal history of Guillan Barre Syndrome.
2. Written documentation of receiving the flu vaccine elsewhere, including the date, time and type of vaccine received.
- When you pass the pre-employment process, you can begin your career at Rady Children's! Your hiring leader will contact you regarding your first days of work, which will include when you are scheduled to attend required new-hire orientation .