Continuing Medical Education
We want to hear from you! What clinical topics are you interested in hearing about at Grand Rounds or any of our other CME events? Click here to let us know.
Continuing medical education (CME) is a partnership betweeen Rady Children’s Hospital-San Diego and UC San Diego School of Medicine.
The Role of CME at Rady Children’s is to:
- Provide guidance regarding approval for pediatric CME programs at Rady Children’s.
- Provide weekly administrative support for the Grand Round series and to plan, coordinate and oversee the Summer Grand Rounds series.
- Plan, coordinate and oversee the Rady Children’s-sponsored Annual Advances in Pediatrics conference.
- Provide meeting planning and coordination for a fee for interested departments organizing conferences.
For an annual fee, the UC San Diego School of Medicine CME is the accredited provider for all Rady Children’s pediatric CME activities. UC San Diego School of Medicine CME provides accreditation for the following main activity types:
- Live Activity
- Regularly Scheduled Series (RSS)
- Enduring Material
For more information, visit cme.ucsd.edu.
To see if you qualify for a “No Fee” Live CME Course, please click here to complete a pre-application survey.
The Rady Children’s CME staff will provide guidance to the accreditation process, and the UC San Diego School of Medicine CME team will also be available to answer any questions.
Sign Up for Event Notifications
Want to be notified about upcoming CME events? Enter your email address below to sign up for our mailing list.
Reminders for Medical Staff:
- Keep your CME Records of Attendance! You need 100 hours of CME over a four-year period.
- Always sign-in at the Regularly Scheduled Series Meetings, Grand Rounds, and Courses.
- CME certificates will be available at all Rady Children’s CME-certified meetings. Be sure to fill in your name, the lecture date, etc. and the number of credit hours you are claiming.
- Consider registering for California Medical Association CME Certification Program to maintain all your CME in one location. Information is available at www.imq.org.