Rady Children’s Food and Nutrition Services Department provides a variety of options throughout the Hospital to obtain a healthy meal or snack. Unless otherwise noted, most locations accept cash, major credit cards and Rady Children’s “EASE” cards. Ease cards are pre-paid debit-type cards that can be purchased by contacting the Food and Nutrition Services Department at extension 5621.
- The Café is located in the Hahn Pavilion and offers a variety of healthy food options, along with different food stations, such as Deli, Soup, Salad and Grill. To help identify nutrition facts, Café entrées, deli sandwiches and grill specials provide health-finder nutrition tags, such as “Calorie Counter 500 calories or less,” “Sodium Smart 400mg or less,” and selections marked as “Good source of Calcium.” The Café is open Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.; weekends and holidays from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Hours are subject to change.
- Room service is available for patients and families from 6:30 a.m. to 12:30 a.m. Menus and dietary information are available in your child’s room and offers a variety of favorites, such as hot and cold deli sandwiches, pizza, salads and hot entrées. Good nutrition is important to us. To place an order, please call extension 5619. (Please note that cash is not accepted for Room Service orders.)
- The Coffee Kiosk is located outside behind/between the Rose Pavilion and the Acute Care Pavilion. The Kiosk offers premium and flavored coffees, as well as specialty coffee drinks. Freshly brewed teas and freshly baked pastries are also available. The Kiosk is open Monday through Friday from 6:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Hours are subject to change.
- Grab-and-Go food is located on the 2nd floor of the new Acute Care Pavilion. The store carries items such as salads and sandwiches, hot and cold beverages, gum, candies and mints. Hours of operation for Grab-and-Go vary.
- Vending machines are also available throughout the campus. Staff members can direct you to the nearest location.
- McDonald’s is in the Rose Pavilion. It is open from 6:30 a.m. to 11 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. on weekends.
- Food Services: 858-576-1700, ext. 5619