Continuing Medical Education (CME)
Continuing Medical Education at Rady Children's Hospital-San Diego provides educational opportunities for physicians and other healthcare professionals to enhance patient care.
The mission of our CME program is to develop and coordinate educational programs effective in improving practice for medical staff in order to restore, sustain and enhance the health and developmental potential of children through excellence in care, education, research and advocacy.
Click on the links on the left for current and past CME activities.
Rady Children's Hospital-San Diego is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The ACCME identifies, develops and promotes standards for CME used by physicians to maintain their quality of care and incorporate new knowledge. For more information on the ACCME, visit www.accme.org. For information regarding the CME credit system, visit www.ama-assn.org/go/pra.
Reminders from the 2009 Annual CME Credit Letter sent to Medical Staff:
- Keep your CME Records of Attendance! You need 100 hours of CME over a four-year period. 2009 was the last year that CME issued yearly summaries and is no longer tracking CME credits for Medical Staff (as of January 1, 2010). (Starting with license renewals in 2011, physicians need to have participated in 50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ hours during the two-year period prior to their license expiration date.)
- Remember always to sign in at Regularly Scheduled Series Meetings, Grand Rounds and Courses.
- CME Certificates should be available at all RCHSD CME Certified meetings. Be sure to fill in your name, the lecture date, etc. and the number of credit hours you are claiming.
- Consider registering for California Medical Association CME Certification Program to maintain all your CME in one location. Information is available at www.imq.org
In This Section
CME Application for Certification and Planning FormCME Application in MSWord 2003 (.doc)More
ExhibitorsInformation for Exhibiting at a CME certified educational activity.More
For Meeting CoordinatorsDocuments and information for putting on a CME certified educational activity.More
Monitor Checklist/FormForm to Monitor compliance for all CME Educational ActivitiesMore
Monitor Form InstructionsInstructions for using Monitor Form for compliance of all CME Educational Activities.More
New RCHSD Medical Staff SurveyMore
Sign Up For Event Notifications
Want to be notified about upcoming CME events? Enter your email address below to sign up for our mailing list.
- Continuing Medical Education
3020 Children's Way, MC 5021
San Diego, CA 92123-4282
- Phone: 888-892-9249