Charge Training for RNs & Respiratory Therapists**
(Rady Children's Employees Only)
Dates Offered Location Time Class dates for Fall, 2012 TBD .
- Identify the Charge RN/RT responsibilities during internal and external disasters
- Discuss Charge RN/RT considerations for workplace safety and infection control
- Describe effective communication tools for the Charge RN/RT
- Describe the Charge RN/RT responsibilities during a code blue or rapid response
- Understand RCHSD's standby and call back policies
- Strategize ways to advocate for resources in order to improve the work environment and patient care
- Evaluate and develop one's own leadership style and skills
- Explore how ANA requirements, state-mandated requirements and scheduling standards are incorporated into the process of delegation
- Describe the purpose and scope of mentoring, including providing peer-to-peer feedback
- Describe the process of resolving patient, family and employee conflict in a skillful, ethical and constructive manner
There are seven CHEX modules that serve as prerequisites for this course. To access and register for the courses, click here.
- Coaching Employees for Peak Performance
- Giving and Receiving Feedback
- Introduction to Conflict Resolution and Management for Charge Nurses
- Clinical Delegation
- Leadership Essentials - Core Characteristics and Techniques
- Building Effective Teams
- Empowering Teams
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, BRN Provider # 00111 for seven contact hours per day.