(Rady Children's Employees Only)
|Class dates for Fall, 2012 TBD|
- Identify the primary responsibilities of the RN preceptor.
- Demonstrate the delivery of constructive feedback to colleagues in a non-threatening manner.
- Recognize the stresses of conflicting roles within the nursing profession.
- Describe teaching strategies that foster the development of critical thinking.
- Understand basic learning style differences and models for optimizing teaching based on style differences.
- Implement a variety of teaching methods appropriate to orientee needs
- Identify and intervene when orientee is struggling
- Evaluate own knowledge and skills as a mentor and leader
- Demonstrate ability to hold crucial conversations
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, BRN Provider #00111 for 9 contact hours (Basic), or 3.5 contact hours (Advanced).