Alexa’s PLAYC (Playful Learning Academy for Young Children) is a unique early education program for typically developing children and children with or at risk for an autism spectrum disorder.
Formerly called the Child Care Center and Toddler School, Alexa’s PLAYC provides children with a warm and loving environment that stimulates physical, social, intellectual and emotional growth. Our curriculum focuses on teaching developmentally appropriate communication, cognitive skills and social skills, while fostering independence in our young students.
Located less than a mile from the main Hospital campus in Serra Mesa and part of the Autism Discovery Institute, Alexa’s PLAYC welcomes children ages 18 months through 5 years. All new students entering Alexa’s PLAYC will receive a developmental screening to ensure that placement is appropriate.
- Play-based Learning. The program is based on the philosophy that children learn best when they are having fun, so our teachers are specially trained to use the children’s natural interest in their environment as learning opportunities.
- Individualized Teaching. Our low child-to-teacher ratio enables us to meet the individual needs of each child in the program.
- Highly Trained Staff. Our highly trained staff ensures developmentally appropriate curriculum in a nurturing environment.
- High Satisfaction. Parents of typically developing children enrolled in Alexa’s PLAYC report high satisfaction with the amount of individual attention their children receive.
- Excellent Outcomes. Research shows that about 60 percent of children with autism attending Alexa’s PLAYC are enrolled in regular education programs by elementary school.
See why Alexa’s PLAYC was a finalist for the 2011 Premier Cares Award, which honors innovative not-for-profit programs:
Support Our Program
One hundred percent of your tax-deductible gift benefits Rady Children’s. To make a donation, click here and select “Autism” from the drop-down menu.