Peckham Center for Cancer & Blood Disorders
A cancer diagnosis can be devastating and change a child’s and family’s life in an instant. Here at the Peckham Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders, we offer a full range of clinical services, as well as psychosocial programs and resources, to help patients and their families – from diagnosis through treatment and beyond.
For the fifth consecutive year, U.S. News & World Report ranks our Cancer program among the nation’s best in its “Best Children’s Hospitals” edition.
Comprehensive, compassionate care is provided by the Hematology/Oncology Division of Rady Children’s Specialists of San Diego. Along with providing specialized cancer treatment and hematology services to children in San Diego, Imperial and southern Riverside counties, we provide select services to children in northern Mexico, the Pacific Islands and southern Orange County.
The entire Peckham Center, including the Viterbi Outpatient Clinic, is housed at our incredible Acute Care Pavilion. There are 38 private rooms and advanced high efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filtration, helping to reduce the risk of infection. And just steps away, you’ll find Carley’s Magical Garden, a whimsical, interactive place where kids can escape the world of medicine.
Through research in the lab and at the bedside, we evaluate the most promising treatments, with the hope of discovering cures. As a leading teaching program, we train the best and brightest future physicians.
- Largest pediatric cancer care program serving San Diego, Riverside and Imperial counties.
- Only pediatric blood and bone marrow transplant program serving San Diego and Imperial counties.
- Research alliance with St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital and UC San Diego. Through the alliance with UC San Diego, we are part of a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- Partnership with Scripps Health to offer proton therapy — a highly advanced and precise radiation therapy — to pediatric and young adult patients.
In the News
- Framer’s Art is Volunteering, U-T San Diego
- Boy with Cancer’s Yuletide Wish: A Place to Live and Rest, U-T San Diego
Support Our Program
One hundred percent of your tax-deductible gift benefits Rady Children’s. To make a donation, click here and select “Cancer Care Center” from the drop-down menu.