Improving the long-term health of children and families is the goal of the City Heights Wellness Center, a partnership between Rady Children’s and Scripps Health. The 4,500-square-foot Center serves to enhance existing community services, including health promotion and disease prevention.
The heart of the Center is the teaching kitchen, which serves as a hub for community gatherings, classes and a fun and informative nutrition program that includes cooking demonstrations, food preparation, nutrition planning, safety education and tips for shopping economically for nutritious foods.
Wellness Center services include:
- English and Spanish CPR classes
- Home-safety education
- Counseling services
- English and Spanish parenting classes
- Nutrition and meal planning
- Education for diabetics
- Assistance in obtaining health insurance and medical services
Check out our classes and programs below:
Try this easy and delicious heart health recipe.
In the News
- City Heights Wellness Center Helps Many, The San Diego Union-Tribune,
- Hospital Cooking Classes Help High-Risk Communities, Hospitals & Health Networks