The Division of Pediatric Hospital Medicine of Rady Children’s Specialists of San Diego provides inpatient care at Rady Children’s Hospital-San Diego and its satellite location at Sharp Grossmont Hospital.
As hospitalists, we are solely dedicated to providing hospital-based care – including palliative care – to children and adolescents. Because we see patients with a wide range of conditions and disorders, each of our physicians has a broad range of knowledge and expertise. We not only play an integral part in the healing process, but help to ensure the child’s overall well-being.
Our physicians serve as a resource to all community primary care physicians who require or prefer hospital-based physician coverage for their patients. To ensure continuity of care, we keep in close communication with the family’s primary care physician during and after the child’s hospital stay.
Our services also include:
- Coordination of transports to and from hospitals throughout San Diego and Imperial Counties
- Phone consultation to community primary care physicians, specialists, and emergency physicians
- Consultations on or coordination of pre-surgery patients when appropriate
Additionally, we manage the pediatric residency program at Rady Children’s, training the best and brightest pediatricians of the future.
In the News
- Pediatric Hospital Medicine 2016 Wrap Up, The Hospitalist, written by Weijen Chang, M.D.
- PHM16: Pediatric Hospital Medicine Leaders Kick Off 2016 Conference, The Hospitalist Online, written by Weijen Chang, M.D.
- Rady Children’s Doctor Named Division Chief of Pediatric Hospital Medicine at UCSD, AAP News, features Erin R. Fisher, M.D., FAAP.