Patient and Parent Education
We strive to educate patients and families about allergic disorders and asthma. Click on the links below for doctor-reviewed articles.
Allergies & the Immune System
- A Cold or Allergies: Which Is It?
- All About Allergies
- Allergy Shots
- Can Kids Get Allergies All Year?
- Celiac Disease
- Do Allergies Cause Asthma?
- Egg Allergy
- Environmental Control Measures
- Five Ways to Prepare for an Allergy Emergency
- Food Allergies
- Henoch-Schönlein Purpura (HSP)
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Kawasaki Disease
- Milk Allergy in Infants
- Nut and Peanut Allergy
- Ozone, Air Quality, and Asthma
- Poison Ivy
- Seasonal Allergies (Hay Fever)
- Serious Allergic Reactions (Anaphylaxis)
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency
- What Is Skin Testing for Allergies?
- Asthma Basics
- Asthma Center
- Asthma and Teens
- Can Kids and Teens With Asthma Play Sports?
- Can the Weather Affect My Child's Asthma?
- Creating an Asthma-Safe Home
- Dealing with Asthma Triggers
- Exercise-Induced Asthma
- Handling an Asthma Flare-Up
- If My Child Has Asthma, Can We Keep Our Pet?
- Inhaler or Nebulizer: Which One Should My Child Use?
- Managing Asthma
- School and Asthma
- Traveling and Asthma
- What's a Peak Flow Meter?
- What's an Asthma Action Plan?
- What's an Asthma Flare-Up?
- What's the Difference Between Rescue and Controller Medications?
- What's the Difference Between a Nebulizer and an Inhaler?
- Wheezing and Asthma in Infants
- When to Go to the ER if Your Child Has Asthma
8110 Birmingham Way (Building 28)
San Diego, CA 92123
- Phone: 858-966-5961 or 800-788-9029
- Click here for all locations.