The Audiology Department at Rady Children's Hospital-San Diego offers a full range of diagnostic and rehabilitative services for children and adults with hearing problems. This includes a highly successful Cochlear Implant Program, staffed by a multidisciplinary team from various specialties.
Our team also works closely with the Speech-Language Pathology Department and Developmental Evaluation Clinic to ensure that any hearing problems associated with communication and social development are identified and treated early.
Signs of Hearing Problems
Your child may have a hearing problem if he or she:
- Talks in a very loud or very soft voice.
- Seems to have difficulty responding when called from across the room, even when it is for something interesting.
- Turns his or her body so that the same ear is always turned toward sound.
- Is three years or older and has difficulty understanding what has been said or following directions.
- Doesn't startle when there are loud noises.
- Has small or deformed ears.
- Fails to develop sounds or words that would be appropriate at his or her age. (See Hearing Milestones for more information.)
Cochlear implants gave Camdyn the joy of sound. Meet Camdyn.
8010 Frost Street, Suite 200
San Diego, CA 92123
- Phone: 858-966-5838
- Mailing Address:
3020 Children's Way MC 5010
San Diego, CA 9213
- Click here for all locations.