Our Mission: To provide world-class, cutting-edge research and evidence-based, comprehensive care that will improve the lives of children with autism spectrum disorders.
The Autism Discovery Institute is a state-of-the-art facility providing comprehensive services and advanced research into autism spectrum disorders. Here, you'll find all of Rady Children's renowned diagnostic and treatment services under one roof, as well as programs to help families have positive experiences and interactions.
Our multidisciplinary staff includes:
- Occupational therapists
- Speech-language pathologists
- Neurologists and other medical specialists
- Specialists in developmental and behavioral pediatrics
- Developmental specialists
Along with serving children with autism spectrum disorders and their families, we provide services and training for professionals working in this area.
Follow the links on the left for information on our programs, services, research, professional training and parent resources.
New research by the REACH Project investigators at the Autism Discovery Institute and UC San Diego finds that genes linked to autism are prone to mutation. Check out the news release and video here!
Video: Learn about our comprehensive services.
Dr. Christina Corsello to present ADOS-2 Training, May 20-21, 2013.
- This two-day workshop will teach professionals how to assess and diagnose autism spectrum disorders (ASDs) using the Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule, Second Edition (ADOS-2). You will have the opportunity to practice scoring and watch as experienced workshop leaders administer the ADOS-2 to a child. This workshop is designed for professionals unfamiliar with the ADOS-2 and will focus on Modules 1-4.
- For registration information, click here. To register, click here.