As a wide range of treatment options, agencies and informational materials are available on autism spectrum disorders, finding the right resources for your child may seem overwhelming.
When starting the search for resources, you may want to consider the following:
- Prioritize your list of concerns. Start by setting up an evaluation or treatment plan for the area of need at the top of your list.
- As you work your way down the list of concerns, take time to understand the treatment options being considered, asking questions as needed.
- Ask professionals or service providers for referrals and recommendations. Working with people that you can trust is important.
- Consult with your physician or psychologist when exploring experimental treatment methodologies. They may be able to offer relevant research or experiential information.
The Autism Discovery Institute is available to assist you in locating appropriate resources for your child. Contact our Autism Program Coordinator at 858-966-1700, ext. 6170.
The ASD Resource Guide was developed by the Autism Discovery Institute in conjunction with the San Diego County Chapter of the Autism Society of America to assist and empower parents in their journey toward researching optimal services for their children. We have provided a brief introduction to techniques and interventions commonly used in treating children with autism spectrum disorders, as well as information on local and national resources.
We have not covered all treatment areas or listed all providers. Please feel free to contact us at 858-966-7453 with additional programs and information you would like to see listed.
For updates, you can also contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To schedule an evaluation or services, please contact Bonnie Corbin at 858-966-7453 or 877-64AUTISM.
- Email: email@example.com
- For more information, please contact Linda Martin at 858-966-1700, ext.6170.