Workshops & Trainings
NEW: Upcoming ADOS-2 Workshop
Dr. Christina Corsello of ADI to present ADOS-2 Training May 20-21, 2013.
This two-day workshop will teach professionals how to assess and diagnose autism spectrum disorders (ASDs) using the Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule, Second Edition (ADOS-2). You will have the opportunity to practice scoring and watch as experienced workshop leaders administer the ADOS-2 to a child. This workshop is designed for professionals unfamiliar with the ADOS-2 and will focus on Modules 1-4. For registration information, click here. To register, click here.
The Autism Discovery Institute offers a series of informational lectures designed to introduce teachers and other professionals to different aspects of autism spectrum disorders. These lectures can be provided at introductory or more advanced levels. The length of the lecture can be customized to meet the individual needs of your program.
- General autism information
- High-functioning children with autism/PDD/aspergers in the regular classroom
- Positive behavioral intervention
- Strategies for facilitating communication and play skills
- Inclusion strategies
- Pivotal Response Training (PRT)
Workshops and Trainings
The Autism Discovery Institute also provides hands-on training for teachers and other professionals working with children who have autism spectrum disorders. Workshops often include a half-day or full-day in-depth exploration of a particular topic with video examples, interactive learning and opportunities for discussion of specific examples. Trainings typically include a didactic workshop, as well as practice with feedback and follow-up observation. The specific length of the workshop or training can vary based on specific needs of the program.
- Inclusion aide training for typical preschool integration
- Facilitation of play and language with peers
- Parent training /education
- Teacher training in PRT, inclusion and behavior modification
Early Identification of Autism: The 18-Month Developmental Assessment and Referral Training for Physicians. The objective of this one-hour course is to increase physicians’ early identification and appropriate referral of toddlers at risk for autism spectrum disorders and developmental disorders, facilitating appropriate early intervention and improving developmental outcomes in this population. This will be accomplished by familiarizing primary care physicians with the Developmental Screening Kit, which includes a screening tool to identify 18-month toddlers at risk for autism/pervasive developmental disorders and/or developmental delays and appropriate referral information for children identified. Approved for one hour of CME credit.
- To schedule an evaluation or services, please contact Bonnie Corbin at 858-966-7453 or 877-64AUTISM.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more information, please contact Linda Martin at 858-966-1700, ext. 6170.