Peckham Center for Cancer & Blood Disorders
A cancer diagnosis can be devastating and change a child’s and family’s life in an instant. Here at the Peckham Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders, we offer a full range of clinical services, as well as psychosocial programs and resources, to help patients and their families – from diagnosis through treatment and beyond.
Comprehensive, compassionate care is provided by the Hematology/Oncology Division of Rady Children's Specialists of San Diego. Along with providing specialized cancer treatment and hematology services to children in San Diego, Imperial and southern Riverside counties, we provide select services to children in Northern Mexico, the Pacific Islands and southern Orange County.
The entire Peckham Center, including the Viterbi Outpatient Clinic, is housed at our incredible Acute Care Pavilion. There are 38 private rooms and advanced high efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filtration, helping to reduce the risk of infection. And just steps away, you’ll find Carley’s Magical Garden, a whimsical, interactive place where kids can escape the world of medicine.
Through research in the lab and at the bedside, we evaluate the most promising treatments, with the hope of discovering cures. As a leading teaching program, we train the best and brightest future physicians.
- Is the largest pediatric cancer care program serving San Diego, Riverside and Imperial counties.
- Has the only pediatric blood and bone marrow transplant program serving San Diego and Imperial counties.
- Formed a research alliance with St. Jude’s Research Hospital and the University of California, San Diego (UC San Diego)
- Through the alliance with UC San Diego, is part of a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- Has a Comprehensive Sickle Cell Disease Center.
- Discovered a new marker for tumor growth in medulloblastoma that helps determine survival.
Despite having sickle cell disease, Selina always has a smile. Read her inspiring story.
- Peckham Center for Cancer & Blood Disorders
Acute Care Pavilion, 2nd Floor
3010 Children's Way
San Diego, CA 92123
- Phone: 858-966-5811 or 800-788-9029
- Click here for all locations.