Integrative Medicine Program
The Integrative Medicine Program offers therapeutic services, such as healing touch, massage, acupuncture, mind/body skills, nutrition education and yoga for hematology/oncology and chronic pain patients and their families. These tools are utilized to lessen the side effects of treatment and enhance quality of life. The program uses these modalities to “complement” the medical treatment plan prescribed by the physician.
To ultimately facilitate patients’ well being by creating a healing environment through the integration of complementary and conventional medicine and to ensure that every patient has appropriate access to physical, emotional and spiritual therapies.
What is Integrative Medicine?
- Integrates conventional and complementary methods of treatment and prevention.
- Involves activating the body’s healing response.
- Engages mind, body, spirit and community to facilitate healing.
- Maintains that healing is always possible, even if there is no cure.
- Encourages providers to model healthy lifestyles for their patients.
- Focuses attention on patients' lifestyle choices for the prevention and maintenance of health.
Learn about the power of Healing Touch.
- For general questions or requests about the Integrative Medicine program, please contact Program Coordinator Jeanie Spies:
Phone: 858-576-1700, ext. 6188