The Division of Cardiology, part of the Heart Institute, provides comprehensive cardiac services and specialized care for infants, children and adolescents, as well as for some adult patients, with a history of congenital and acquired heart disease. Expert care is provided by the highly skilled and experienced cardiologists of Rady Children's Specialists of San Diego.
For the third consecutive year, U.S. News & World Report ranks our Cardiology program among the nation's best in its "Best Children's Hospital" edition.
Our new cardiac catheterization laboratory is state-of-the-art, enabling our doctors to perform procedures with less radiation and better visualization of the anatomy.
Along with the Cardiovascular Surgery Division, our program is a major referral center for Imperial, Riverside and Orange counties, as well as for Hawaii, New Mexico, Mexico, and the Pacific Rim islands. We not only strive to provide the highest quality care for infants, children and adults born with congenital heart defects, but to advance the current knowledge and understanding of cardiovascular disease.
Rady Children's also has a new, state-of-the-art Acute Cardiac Unit. The unit brings a new level of care for cardiac and cardiovascular surgery patients requiring specialized services. Read the news release.
The Division has an active research program as well, along with an ACGME-accredited fellowship in conjunction with the University of California, San Diego.
- One of the largest pediatric programs in the country for Kawasaki disease.
- One of the first pediatric centers in the country to participate in the new Melody® Transcatheter Pulmonary Valve program, enabling patients to undergo minimally invasive heart valve replacement instead of open-heart surgery.
- Outcomes among the best in the nation for catheter ablation of arrhythmias.
- In a groundbreaking study, Paul Grossfeld, M.D., and researchers from Rady Children's and UC San Diego discovered a new gene linked to congenital heart defects.
While playing at his preschool playground, Marques suddenly collapsed. Learn about his heart condition and innovative treatment.
- Division of Cardiology
Rose Pavilion, 1st Floor South
3020 Children's Way
San Diego, CA 92123
- Phone: 858-966-5855
- Click here for all locations.