Research and Clinical Trials
The Division is actively involved in clinical research.
Sheila Gahagan, M.D., M.P.H., is funded by the National Institutes of Health to study the bio-psychosocial determinants of adolescent obesity/cardiovascular risk. This project is designed to further understanding of the environmental and social conditions related to the development of obesity in a high-risk, urban Hispanic/Latino population.
Yi Hui Liu, M.D., M.P.H., is the co-investigator on the multidisciplinary study, “Exploring Provider Diagnostic and Prescription Decision-Making for Childhood Disruptive Behavior Problems.” This project focuses on identifying provider determinants of disparities in psychoactive medication use for children with disruptive behavior problems.
Martin T. Stein, M.D., is the co-investigator in the child health measurement project, “Rethinking Child Health Supervision.” This project focuses on the timing, processes and content priorities for child health supervision to address the most important developmental needs of children and families
- Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics
7920 Frost Street, Suite 200
San Diego, CA 92123
- General Questions: 858-246-0053
- New Patient Appointments:
858-966-5999, then select "7" and then "8" for the DBP Clinic.
- Return Patient Appointments:
858-576-1700, ext. 7484
- Messages/Medication Refills (Current DBP Patients): 858-657-8038
(Please call at least one week in advance of when you need the medication)
- Urgent Messages from current DBP patients (UC San Diego Page Operator): 619-543-6737 (request the DBP physician on call to be paged)