The Developmental Screening and Enhancement Program (DSEP) addresses the developmental and behavioral needs of children ages 3 months to 5 years, 11 months upon entry into the child welfare system. DSEP has a team of professionals at Polinsky Children's Center, as well as a team of developmental specialists that visits the homes of children placed directly with foster families and/or relatives.
DSEP has been named a 2012 Program of Excellence by Jackson Healthcare. Learn more.
We provide the followng services to foster children and families, free of charge:
- Developmental and behavioral assessments (If deemed necessary through the initial assessment, a full developmental evaluation is provided by the Developmental Evaluation Clinic)
- Referrals to recommended early intervention and treatment services
- Case management to help children connect to services
- Education for foster families and relatives
- Consultation and training for care providers at Polinsky Children's Center
DSEP is a collaborative effort that is supported by funds from the San Diego County Health and Human Services Agency, Child Abuse Prevention Foundation, Rady Children's Hospital-San Diego, the Child and Adolescent Services Research Center (CASRC), and the First 5 Commission of San Diego (through the Proposition 10 tobacco tax).
- Phone: 858-966-7874