For Medical Professionals
Eating disorders (EDs) can affect individuals from all age groups, ethnicities, shapes, and sizes. Both males and females are affected by these disorders. EDs are associated with serious medical complications and have the highest mortality rate of any psychiatric disorder.
Our Pediatrician Refererence Guide for Eating Disorders (PDF) is designed to help physicians recognize eating disorders, provide timely interventions, and make appropriate referrals.
- Eating Disorders Overview, National Institute of Mental Health
- Eating Disorders Position Paper, Journal of Adolsecent Health
- Academy for Eating Disorders Report
For more physician resources, including a newsletter, visit http://eatingdisorders.ucsd.edu/ed101/md-resources.shtml.
- Medical Behavioral Unit (Map it)
Acute Care Pavilion, 4th Floor
3010 Children's Way
San Diego, CA 92123
- For immediate medical admissions, please call 858-576-1700 and ask for the Adolescent Medicine Specialist on call.
- For program information or general inquiries, please contact Alyson Merchant, Intake Coordinator, at 858-534-9626.