The Endocrinology/Diabetes Division provides the most advanced care for children and adolescents with endocrine disorders, diabetes mellitus and lipid disorders. We are also a leader in diabetes research, dedicated to discovering new therapies and ultimately, a cure. Expert care is provided by the endocrinologists of Rady Children's Specialists of San Diego.
For the fifth consecutive year, U.S. News & World Report ranks our Diabetes & Endocrinology program among the nation's best in its "Best Children's Hospitals" edition.
Along with treating type 1 diabetes, we treat a growing number of obese children and adolescents who develop type 2 diabetes. We also treat less common types of diabetes, such as maturity-onset diabetes of the young, as well as hypoglycemia (low blood sugar). Additionally, we treat conditions of the endocrine glands, including thyroid disease, adrenal disorders, pubertal disorders, growth problems, calcium disorders, and metabolic bone disease.
- Offers a comprehensive diabetes program to help children and families manage the disease, including continuous glucose monitoring, insulin pump therapy, nutrition counseling, and diabetes education.
- Treats more than 1,000 children with diabetes from San Diego, Riverside and Imperial counties; about 75 percent of these patients have type 1 diabetes.
- Is nationally recognized for research on diabetes and beta-cell biology.
- Is consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best pediatric diabetes and endocrinology programs in the nation.
- Offers a Gender Management (GeM) Clinic for children and teens with gender dysphoria (a conflict between their biological sex and gender identity)
Learn why Rady Children's ranks among the nation's best in Diabetes & Endocrinology.
- Division of Endocrinology/Diabetes
Rose Pavilion, First Floor (South)
3020 Children's Way
San Diego, CA 92123
- Phone: 858-966-4032
Referral Fax: 858-966-4051
- ON JAN 6., 2014, the Endocrinology and Diabetes clinics will move to
7910 Frost Street, Suite 200 (Map it)
- Click here for all locations.
- Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.: 858-966-4032
- After hours, weekends, holidays: 858-576-1700; press zero, then ask for the endocrine doctor on call.