For urgent matters, please call the doctor on call at 858-966-4032 (8 a.m.- 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday) or 858-576-1700 (after hours, weekends and holidays); press zero, then ask for the endocrine doctor on call.
You should call the doctor on call when your child:
- Is sick and has high blood sugars persistently over 300
- Is vomiting, having diarrhea or not eating well
- Has moderate or large urine ketones
- Has low blood sugar less than 40, is having a seizure or otherwise requires assistance
Whenever your child is sick, always check for keytones, even if he or she has normal blood sugars.
For non-urgent matters, call the office during routine hours at 858-966-4032; ask to speak with a nurse or dietitian. You will receive a response within 24 hours.
- Your child is about to run out of prescription
- Making routine insulin adjustments, or plans for upcoming events
- School forms
- Reviewing lab results
- Scheduling a meeting with a nurse or dietitian
Families are encouraged to fax school forms, request for supplies or blood sugar and insulin-dose records to our office. Please fax to 858-966-6227.
- For Urgent Matters: 858-966-4032 (8 a.m.- 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday)
Call 858-576-1700 after hours, weekends and holidays; press zero, then ask for the endocrine doctor on call.