Parent Education, Support and Empowerment
Bright Futures for Kids is a free series of workshops designed to promote the healthy development of children ages 0-5 within the context of the family system and community.
Each series features four weekly workshops, where caregivers of young children will learn and share information, including:
- Developmental milestones, teachable moments & learning through play
- During this workshop, you will also have the opportunity to complete a developmental screening for your child/children
- Sleep, nutrition, and safety – developing healthy patterns from a young age
- Your child’s temperament, creating routines, setting limits, discipline & caregiver self-care
- Resources and fun activities available in your community & navigating systems of care (healthcare, education, etc.)
Parent workshops are offered by Social Advocates for Youth (SAY-SD) in the North Central region and by Vista Community Clinic and Rady Children’s Hospital-San Diego in the North Coastal region.
- Healthy Development Services are offered throughout San Diego County.
- Click here for locations and phone numbers.