Vision and Hearing Screenings
In the first few years of life, vision and hearing are an important part of a child’s learning and socialization. HDS vision and hearing screenings are offered by UC San Diego’s Shiley Eye Center in the North Central region and by North County Health Services’ Project All-Ready in the North Coastal region.
- Children must be 18 months or older
- Hearing screenings are offered at many preschool sites and other community locations, by appointment
- If a child does not pass the hearing screening, a referral to his/her child’s primary care physician will be made for further assessment or evaluation.
- Children must be 24 months or older
- Vision screenings are offered at many preschool sites and other community locations, by appointment
- If a child does not pass the vision screening, a referral will be made to the child’s primary care physician and/or a provider who offers reduced fee or no-cost full vision exams and glasses.
- Healthy Development Services are offered throughout San Diego County.
- Click here for locations and phone numbers.