Research and Clinical Trials
The Kawasaki Disease Research Center conducts cutting-edge basic and clinical research to advance the understanding of Kawasaki disease.
Active Clinical Trials:
- The team is recruiting patients for a clinical trial to evaluate the treatment of children with acute Kawasaki disease and coronary artery disease with atorvastatin. If you are a parent of a child with Kawasaki dsease and would like to learn more about this study, please call the Hospital operator at 858-576-1700 and ask for the Kawasaki disease doctor.
- The team is recruiting patients with acute Kawasaki disease and other rash-fever illnesses that come through the Rady Children’s Hospital San-Diego Emergency Department to evaluate a diagnostic test for Kawasaki disease. If you are a parent of a child with Kawasaki dsease and would like to learn more about this study, please call the Hospital operator at 858-576-1700 and ask for the Kawasaki disease doctor.
- The team is collaborating with adult cardiologists at the University of California, San Diego and the San Diego Cardiac Center to learn more about the care and monitoring of adults who suffered from Kawasaki disease in childhood. To learn more about this study or to participate, please contact the study team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The team is studying the genes of patients with Kawasaki disease and their biologic parents to see how children are genetically predisposed to developing the disease. To learn more about this study and how to participate, email email@example.com.
For more information, visit the website of the Kawasaki Disease Research Center.
- Kawasaki Disease Clinic
8001 Frost Street
San Diego, CA 92123
- Phone: 858-966-5855
- For physician-to-physician consultations, call 858-576-1700 and ask to have the team physician paged.