Evaluations are needed to ensure that your child grows and develops properly. By monitoring your child's health development and giving guidance and referrals as needed, we can help your infant reach his or her full developmental potential. Early diagnosis and treatment of developmental delays may prevent or lessen long-term problems associated with prematurity and serious newborn illness.
Special examinations are performed by a pediatric nurse practitioner or a clinical psychologist to evaluate how your baby is growing, changing, learning and developing.
- Neuromotor function (muscle strength or weakness)
- Growth and nutrition (physical growth)
- Language development (ability to listen and talk)
- Social interaction (ability to interact with others)
- Developmental milestones (ability to achieve developmental stages)
The complete evaluation takes about one hour, and the results are discussed with you and sent to your pediatrician. The evaluation provides an opportunity for you to ask any questions you may have about your child's development.
- High-Risk Infant Follow-Up Clinic
8010 Frost Street, Suite 200
San Diego, CA 92123
- Phone: 858-966-8801