Rady Children's Nutrition Clinic offers nutrition counseling for a variety of conditions. The counseling, which includes a nutritional assessment and individualized education designed to meet each family’s needs, is provided by registered dietitians who are experienced working with infants, children and teens.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Basic nutrition for infants, children and teens
- Celiac disease
- Difficulties with eating/feeding/growing
- Eating disorders (anorexia and bulimia)**
- Failure to thrive
- Food allergies or intolerances
- Heart-healthy nutrition/high cholesterol
- Ketogenic diets
- Tube feedings
- Vegetarian diets
- Weight management/obesity - Please note the weight management classes check in is at Care Team 4, not Building 28.
** A special note for patient's being referred for eating disorders: We are not able to manage these patient's on a weekly basis. Therefore, we request that the patients be seen by a physician or other care manager weekly in addition to a nutrition clinic referral. We schedule these patients every six weeks.
Talk to your physician about a referral to our Clinic. When nutrition is part of your child’s medical management, it may be covered by your insurance. Please have your referring physician complete the Nutrition Clinic Referral Form and send the appropriate paperwork with it.
- Nutrition Clinic
8110 Birmingham Way (Building 28)
San Diego, CA 92123
- To make an appointment once your referral has been completed, call 858-966-5999, option 7.