The Orthopedics and Scoliosis Division of Rady Children's Specialists of San Diego has more orthopedic specialists than any other pediatric orthopedics program in California. Our renowned multidisciplinary team focuses on the unique musculoskeletal needs of growing children and adolescents. Services are available for all orthopedic problems, including traumatic injuries.
Our specialty centers and programs include:
Along with providing comprehensive services, the Division is a leader in innovative and cutting-edge research. Clinical studies are conducted on site at the Motion Analysis Laboratory. And research investigating common congenital deformities of the spine and complex joints -- while exploring novel methods of fracture fixation and surgical correction -- occurs at the Orthopedic Biomechanics Research Center.
- Surgeons are first in the nation to implant magnetic growing rods in scolosis patients. Read the news relese and story in U-T San Diego.
- Division/Hospital is first in the nation to install a groundbreaking orthopedic imaging system. Learn about the EOS.
- Our specialists publish extensively in leading pediatric orthopedics journals.
- Our specialists train the best and brightest physicians through the Lena Sefton Clark Endowed Fellowship in Pediatric Orthopedics.
Video: Learn more about our top-ranked Orthopedics program.
- On July 1, 2013, our patients will be seen at:
Medical Office Building, Third Floor
3030 Children's Way
San Diego, CA 92123
In the News
- U-T San Diego: "San Diego Tries New Scoliosis Treatment on 2 Boys"
- Dr. Peter Newton featured in Wall Street Journal article on scoliosis. Click here.