Recognizing the importance of healthy breathing to overall health – and the high rate of respiratory disorders in children – the Respiratory Medicine Division of Rady Children's Specialists of San Diego strives to provide family-centered, state-of-the-art care, to educate the next generation of leaders in respiratory medicine, to discover new knowledge about respiratory health and disease, and to advocate on behalf of our patients.
For the fifth consecutive year, U.S. News & World Report ranks our Pulmonology program among the nation's best in its "Best Children's Hospitals" edition.
The Division specializes in the care of infants, children and teenagers with pulmonary and respiratory diseases, providing inpatient and outpatient services for the full spectrum of breathing problems. For children and adolescents with cystic fibrosis, we provide care through their transition into adulthood.
Our ACGME-accredited fellowship program trains the next generation of respiratory medicine specialists in both clinical care and research, and our world-renowned physician-scientists continue to advance their knowledge of childhood respiratory health and disease – and to disseminate this knowledge – with the goal of discovering better treatments and cures.
- Has world-renowned physician-scientists who are leaders in their fields. Click here for awards, honors and presentations.
- Received a $10 million project grant from the National Institutes of Health. Read about Dr. Gabriel G. Haddad’s cutting-edge research.
- Launched a monthly regional case conference to promote collaboration among our esteemed colleagues in the western United States.
- Has one of the largest cystic fibrosis centers in California. Learn about our Cystic Fibrosis Center.
Video: Learn why our program is nationally ranked.
- Division of Respiratory Medicine
8110 Birmingham Way (Building 28)
San Diego, CA 92123
- Phone: 858-966-5846
- Click here for all locations.
- Request an appointment in MyChart.