Recognizing the importance of healthy breathing to overall health – and the high rate of respiratory disorders in children – the Respiratory Medicine Division of Rady Children's Specialists of San Diego strives to provide family-centered, state-of-the-art care, to educate the next generation of leaders in respiratory medicine, to discover new knowledge about respiratory health and disease, and to advocate on behalf of our patients.
For the fifth consecutive year, U.S. News & World Report ranks our Pulmonology program among the nation's best in its "Best Children's Hospitals" edition.
The Division specializes in the care of infants, children and teenagers with pulmonary and respiratory diseases, providing inpatient and outpatient services for the full spectrum of breathing problems. For children and adolescents with cystic fibrosis, we provide care through their transition into adulthood.
Our ACGME-accredited fellowship program trains the next generation of respiratory medicine specialists in both clinical care and research, and our world-renowned physician-scientists continue to advance their knowledge of childhood respiratory health and disease – and to disseminate this knowledge – with the goal of discovering better treatments and cures.
- The Division has world-renowned physician-scientists who are leaders in their fields. Click here for awards, honors and presentations.
- The Division launched a monthly regional case conference to promote collaboration among our esteemed colleagues in the western United States.
- The Division has one of the largest cystic fibrosis centers in California. Learn about our Cystic Fibrosis Center.
- Dr. Gabriel G. Haddad received a $10 million project grant from the National Institutes of Health to study the impact of low oxygen on cells and tissue in the heart, lung and brain. Read about this cutting-edge research.
Research led by Dr. Haddad has decoded the genetic basis of chronic mountain sickness (CMS) or Monge’s disease. The study provides important information that validates the genetic basis of adaptation to high altitudes and provides potential targets for CMS treatment. Read more.
Video: Learn why our program is nationally ranked.
- Division of Respiratory Medicine
8110 Birmingham Way (Building 28)
San Diego, CA 92123
- Phone: 858-966-5846
- Click here for all locations.
- Request an appointment in MyChart.