The Radiology Department at Rady Children's provides comprehensive, state-of-the-art imaging services.
Our highly advanced equipment enables our radiologists and technologists to use the lowest possible radiation dose while providing the highest quality scans.
Our EOS orthopedic imaging system, for example, produces detailed images of the spine while using significantly less radiation than a standard X-ray. And our 64-slice computed tomography scanner, which produces detailed images within seconds, uses less radiation than standard CT machines.
Along with this technology, we offer a kid-friendly MRI machine, which enables children to watch a movie during the exam.
All of our radiologists are board certified and specially trained to evaluate pediatric images.
- Diagnostic X-rays
- Fluoroscopy, including upper or lower G.I. tract procedures, cystoscopy and chest fluoroscopy
- Computed tomography (CT)
- Ultrasound with Doppler applications
- EOS (orthopedic imaging)
- Nuclear medicine with S.P.E.C.T. (single photon emission computerized tomography)
- Orthopantomography (Panorex)
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), magnetic resonance angiography (MRA) and interventional radiology (provided by affiliated services)
- Radiology Department
Nelson/Hahn Pavilion, 3rd Floor (Check-In)
8001 Frost Street
San Diego, CA 92123
- Phone: 858-966-5861