The Speech-Language Pathology Department evaluates children with speech, language, cognitive, feeding/swallowing, and auditory impairments and provides specialized therapy to develop their language skills.
We offer individual, paired-peer, and group therapy, along with community and caregiver education for those who are concerned about their child's speech, language or communication skills. Learn more about our services.
Signs of Speech Problems
You child may have a speech problem if he or she:
- Never gestures or imitates.
- Cannot associate a name with an object.
- Does not talk frequently or at all.
- Cannot understand speech.
- Almost never imitates speech.
For signs of speech problems by age group, click here.
Thanks to a generous donation, children are now able to actively create, explore and learn new sounds and language through our Music and Literacy Program. In this program, a board-certified music therapist uses music and literacy to enhance listening and language abilities for children with cochlear implants, hearing loss and speech and language delay.
- Speech-Language Pathology
8010 Frost Street, Suite 200
San Diego, CA 92123
- Phone: 858-966-5838
- Click here for all locations.
For Referring Physicians
- Please print and complete the Developmental Services Prescription Form.