The Bereavement Experience Journal
The Bereavement Experience Journal is a collection of family experiences about the challenges faced by the death of a child. It represents the collective wisdom of families and healthcare providers.
Local Support Organizations
- Bereaved Parents USA: The San Diego North Inland Chapter of The Bereaved Parents of the USA (BP/USA) is a self-help support organization. All of our members are parents, grandparents and siblings who are grieving the death of a child. We are dedicated to helping families cope with their loss grief and to providing information and education to help others be supportive.
We gather to listen, to care and to understand the process of grieving, as we heal and start our recovery. Our greatest strength as bereaved families is the unity we find in shared experiences that leads us out of isolation, gives us a place to “belong” and gives us hope that, together, we can make it. We offer hope to newly bereaved families that, they too, can make it. www.bpsdni.bpchapter.org
- The Jenna Druck Foundation: The Jenna Druck Foundation coordinates Families Helping Families (FHF). FHF was born of the need for services to help families in the hours, weeks and months after losing a child. Some of grief's darkest, most difficult moments occur as supportive family and friends are returning to their own lives. The shock of losing a child begins to wear off, and reality sets in. Families need continued support from other families who are also grieving. FHF's many programs provide a safe place for families to come together and receive the help they need to go on. Contact 619-294-8000 or www.jennadruck.org.
- San Diego Hospice: The Center for Grief Care and Education offers the community a variety of opportunities for ongoing emotional support and information about grief, loss and life adjustments following the death of a loved one. Contact 619-688-1600.
- The Hope Center: The Center provides grief-support services to the entire family after the death of a child. www.hospicenorthcoast.org.
- Compassionate Friends: This is a group that assists families in coping with grief following the death of a child of any age and provides information to help others be supportive.
- Empty Cradle: This is a group of parents who have experienced the loss of a baby and support each other.
- www.bereavedparentsusa.org: Bereaved Parents of the USA is a nationwide organization designed to aid and support bereaved parents and their families who are struggling to cope with their grief after the death of a child.
- www.hospicefoundation.org/griefAndLoss: Information that helps you understand some of the challenges coping with grief.
- www.centerforloss.com: The Center helps mourners and those who care for them.
- Hope Bereavement Support Program
- Phone: 858-966-8400