Rady Children’s is the lead agency for a number of national and international groups devoted to researching and developing programs to prevent childhood injuries. Our Trauma Services team partners with the Center for Healthier Communities to provide injury prevention programs and resources to help keep children and families safe.
- Safety Store: Providing products to keep your family safe.
- Safe Kids San Diego: Rady Children’s is the lead organization in a local coalition to prevent drowning, address child passenger safety and reduce other common injuries.
- Injury-Free Coalition for Kids: This program works to prevent injuries through a national program funded by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
- Safe Routes to School: Part of a national initiative to increase the number of children who walk and bike to school safely.
- Kohl's Transportation Safety Program: Providing weekly child passenger safety seat inspections through a grant from Kohl’s Department Store.
- Sports Injury and Concussion Prevention Program: preventing serious injuries and concussion in children and teens through our 360 Sports Medicine program and other initiatives.
- Chadwick Center for Children & Families: Helping children and families cope with the hospital experience.
- Special Needs Clinic: The clinic helps children with complex healthcare needs.
- Rady Children's Hospital-San Diego
Regional Pediatric Trauma Center
3020 Children's Way, MC 5085
San Diego, CA 92123-4282
- Phone: 858-966-4010
- Department Contact: Berda Taylor