Your Child’s Hospital Stay
At Rady Children’s, we strive to provide the highest quality care for children of all ages. Your child’s health, safety and comfort are our top priorities. We encourage you to partner with our healthcare teams and take an active role in your child’s care.
Family-centered care means that we believe in a partnership between healthcare providers, patients and families for the planning, evaluation and delivery of your child’s care. We respect and honor the diverse values, traditions and needs of each family and strive to support families in caring for their child. Sharing information is an important part of that partnership, and we encourage you to share your observations about your child’s progress. We will share information about your child’s condition and try to keep you informed every step of the way.
Please let us know if you need:
- Language interpretation or communication assistance
- Special foods or meals for your child
- Special religious or cultural considerations
- Anything else for your child or family
How We’re Doing
Some patient families will be randomly selected to receive a survey at their home. This survey is specific to the department where your child was last seen. We invite you to give honest feedback. We will use that feedback to make changes, ensuring you have an excellent experience at Rady Children’s.
- Rady Children’s Hospital-San Diego
- Customer Service and Referral Center
- Compliments and Concerns
- To call a patient room, dial 858-576-1700 during normal visiting hours (8 a.m. to 8 p.m.), press 0 to speak to an operator, and provide the patient’s first and last name to be transferred.