Andrew Pennock, M.D. to Join NFL Players to Discuss Sports Injuries
SAN DIEGO, CA –– Leaders from the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM), Rady Children’s Hospital-San Diego, UC San Diego Health System and SportsMed Surgery will hold a free educational event on Saturday, July 9 from 2 to 3:30 p.m.
Andrew Pennock, M.D., pediatric and adolescent orthopedic sport medicine specialist at Rady Children’s, will join several former and current NFL players and discuss overuse, concussions, and upper and lower extremity injuries.
The event, open to parents, athletes, coaches and athletic directors who want to learn more about preventing youth sports injuries, will take place in the Proscenium Theater at Canyon Crest Academy, 5951 Village Center Loop Road, San Diego.
• Cory Withrow (Former NFL Center, San Diego Chargers)
• Vincent Jackson (Wide Receiver, San Diego Chargers)
• Mike Shifres (Punter, San Diego Chargers)
• Stephen Neal (Former NFL Guard, New England Patriots)
• Kassim Osgood (Wide Receiver, Jacksonville Jaguars)
Sports Medicine Experts:
• Andrew Pennock, M.D. (Orthopaedic Surgeon, Rady Children’s Hospital)
• James Andrews, M.D. (Team Physician, Washington Redskins, Auburn University)
• Peter Indelicato, M.D. (Former Team Physician, University of Florida)
• Robert Stanton, M.D. (Team Physician, US Ski Team)
• Tal S. David, M.D. (Team Physician, San Diego Chargers)
• Matthew Provencher, M.D. (Orthopaedic Surgeon, Naval Medical Center, San Diego)
• Catherine Robertson, M.D. (Orthopaedic Surgeon, University of California San Diego)
• Daniel Solomon, M.D. (Orthopaedic Surgeon, Marin Orthopaedics, San Rafael)
About Rady Children’s Hospital-San Diego:
Rady Children’s Hospital-San Diego, the largest children’s hospital in California, is a 442-bed pediatric care facility providing the largest source of comprehensive pediatric medical services in San Diego, Southern Riverside and Imperial counties. Rady Children’s is the only hospital in the San Diego area dedicated exclusively to pediatric healthcare and is the region’s only designated pediatric trauma center. On October 10, 2010, Rady Children’s opened the Acute Care Pavilion, a LEED-Certified (green) building that is home to the incredible Peckham Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders, the state-of-the-art Warren Family Surgical Center, and a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit that cares for our community’s most fragile newborns. In May 2011, U.S. News & World Report ranked Rady Children’s among the best children’s hospitals in the nation in all ten pediatric specialties the magazine surveyed. For more information, visit www.rchsd.org and find us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.