San Diego – March 6, 2015 – The Helen M. Bernardy Center for Medically Fragile Children at Rady Children’s Hospital-San Diego has received national recognition by U.S. News & World Report. This is the seventh year in a row the Bernardy Center has been ranked among one of the best nursing homes and also received the highest overall rating of five stars.
“We are extremely honored to be recognized as one of the best facilities in the country,” said Pamela Dixon, the director of the Bernardy Center. “This recognition demonstrates the entire team’s commitment to providing the highest level of care to our residents each and every day; to receive this honor seven years in a row is a clear indication of the dedication of the entire Bernardy Center and Rady Children’s family to the children we serve.”
The Bernardy Center team includes:
- Registered nurses, licensed vocational nurses, licensed respiratory therapists and certified nursing assistants who provide 24-hour nursing care.
- Occupational and physical therapists who assure the children are able to participate in their environment and remain strong and healthy through individualized exercise programs.
- The recreation team, which assures that residents have fun outside the facility, as well as on the Rady Children’s campus.
- A dietitian who monitors and maintains nutrition needs so the children stay strong enough to participate in activities.
- Attending physicians who monitor all residents regularly, at which time the resident’s treatment plan and any specialist recommendations are reviewed.
- A social worker and program manager who pull all these components into a comprehensive plan of care and work closely with the families on their goals to take their children home for a day or for the rest of their lives.
The Best Nursing Homes 2015 ratings highlight the top nursing homes in each city and state, out of nearly 16,000 facilities nationwide. The goal is to help parents and caregivers find a home with a strong track record of quality care. Best Nursing Homes 2015 provides data and information on care, safety, health inspections, staffing and more for nearly every nursing home facility in the U.S.
To create Best Nursing Homes 2015, U.S. News & World Report drew on data from Nursing Home Compare, a program run by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, the federal agency that sets and enforces standards for nursing homes. U.S. News & World Report awarded the Best Nursing Homes designation to facilities that recently earned the agency’s highest overall rating of five stars.
U.S. News & World Report’s seventh annual Best Nursing Homes is available by visiting: http://www.usnews.com/best-nursing-homes
ABOUT RADY CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL-SAN DIEGO
Rady Children’s Hospital-San Diego is a 520-bed pediatric care facility providing the largest source of comprehensive pediatric medical services in San Diego, Southern Riverside and Imperial counties. Rady Children’s is the only hospital in the San Diego area dedicated exclusively to pediatric healthcare and is the region’s only designated pediatric trauma center. In June 2014, U.S. News & World Report ranked Rady Children’s among the best children’s hospitals in the nation in all 10 pediatric specialties the magazine surveyed. For more information, visit www.rchsd.org. For more information, visit www.rchsd.org and find us on Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo and YouTube.