Prep time: 35 minutes
- 4 medium apples, washed, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 4 tbsp. chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil-based buttery spread
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- Place apple slices in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate microwave-safe bowl, microwave the buttery spread for about 15 seconds (or until melted).
- Add the chopped walnuts and cinnamon to the buttery spread.
- Pour the buttery mixture over the apple slices and toss until all the apple slices are coated.
- Lay the coated apple slices in a single layer on a baking sheet and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the apples are soft enough to pierce with a fork.
Serving size: 1 apple
This recipe has important nutrients for mom and baby, including:
Healthy fats (unsaturated fats) are used to fuel a baby’s growth and development. They are especially important for the development of the brain and nervous system. Healthy fats are found in olive oil, peanut oil, canola oil, avocados, and salmon. While fat is necessary in any healthy diet, it’s important to limit fat intake to 30% or less of your daily calorie intake.
Reviewed by: Meredith Parkinson, RD, LDN