Crunchy Hawaiian Chicken Wrap
Note: This recipe calls for broccoli slaw. What’s that? Cole slaw is mostly shredded cabbage so broccoli slaw is shredded broccoli, sometimes mixed with shredded carrot and cabbage. You can find it in the produce section.
Prep time: 25 minutes
What you need:
- 6 whole-wheat tortillas
- 1½ cups broccoli slaw
- 1 cup spinach leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup crushed and drained canned pineapple
- 1 pound cooked chicken, diced
- ¼ cup low-fat mayonnaise
- ¼ cup vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1½ teaspoon chili powder
Equipment and supplies:
- Measuring cups/spoons
- Bowl for mixing dressing
What to do:
- Prepare dressing by whisking mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, poppy seeds, garlic powder, onion powder, and chili powder together. Set aside in refrigerator.
- Mix broccoli slaw, drained pineapple, and spinach.
- Put ½ cup of the broccoli/pineapple/spinach mixture on a wheat wrap.
- Top with chicken.
- Add 1 tablespoon dressing to each tortilla.
- Wrap tortillas, burrito style. Cut on diagonal. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
How much does this recipe make?
Reviewed by: Mary L. Gavin, MD
Date reviewed: March 2012