Fruity Tofu Smoothie
Note: This recipe is for people following a vegetarian (meat-free) diet, but may include dairy or other animal-based ingredients that may not fit in with vegan or some other vegetarian diets.
Does your child skip breakfast because there’s no time to make it? This smoothie is ready in minutes and is loaded with vitamins.
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 1/3 c. apple juice
- ½ c. (4 oz.) soft tofu, drained
- 1 c. fresh or frozen berries
- 1 banana
- 4 oz. nonfat fruit-flavored yogurt
- 1 tsp. honey
- 4 ice cubes
- Place apple juice, yogurt, tofu, berries, banana, and honey in a blender. Cover and process until well blended.
- While the blender is still running, drop ice cubes into the blender one at a time (through the hole in the lid) until smooth.
- Pour the smoothies into tall glasses.
Serving size: 1-1/3 cup
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
7 g protein
3 g fat
0 g sat. fat
33 g carbohydrate
3 g fiber
2 mg cholesterol
33 mg sodium
131 mg calcium
1.3 mg iron
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
Try a variety of berries and different flavors of yogurt.
Reviewed by: Allison Brinkley, RD, LD/N