Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially for kids with cystic fibrosis (CF), who may need additional calories to meet their nutritional needs.
Prep time: 5 minutes
- ½ cup quick oats
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup water
- measuring cup
- microwave-safe bowl
- microwave (you’ll need help from your adult assistant)
- Combine oats, heavy whipping cream, and water in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and mix well.
Serving size: ¾ cup
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
16 g protein
49 g fat
47 mg sodium
120 mg calcium
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
Consider adding raisins, nuts, honey, maple syrup, and/or brown sugar to provide additional flavor and calories.
Reviewed by: Rupal Christine Gupta, MD