Roasted Root Vegetables
Note: Celebrity chef Robert Irvine created this recipe, which is an alternative to mashed white potatoes. It’s nutrient rich and high in fiber.
Prep Time: About 1 hour
- 1 cup butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1 cup celery root, peeled and diced
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 cup new potatoes, diced
- 1 cup parsnips, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- a dash of kosher salt
- a dash of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (176ºC).
- Place all vegetables in a large mixing bowl. Add minced garlic, thyme, oil, salt, and pepper. Toss well and arrange on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Roast in oven for 25-35 minutes until vegetables are carmelized and cooked through. Test by piercing with a fork.
- Remove from oven and garnish with fresh parsley before serving.
Reviewed by: Mary L. Gavin, MD