Veggie Pasta Salad
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Recipe makes: 6 servings
- 3 c. uncooked whole-wheat pasta
- 1 c. frozen shelled edamame
- 1 c. broccoli florets, coarsely chopped
- 3 tbs. olive oil
- ¼ c. red wine vinegar
- 2 tbs. honey
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 small red bell pepper, diced small
- 1/3 c. black olives, sliced
Equipment and supplies:
- Large pot for cooking pasta
- Large bowl for mixing
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drop edamame and broccoli into the boiling pasta water about 2 minutes before the pasta is done cooking just to soften them up slightly. Drain everything into a colander and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, honey, and pepper. Add pasta, olives, and veggies to the dressing. Toss to coat.
- Refrigerate the salad until cold and serve (also can be served at room temperature). The salad will keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Reviewed by: Meredith Parkinson, RD