Autism-Friendly Hospital Initiative
The following training modules are designed to provide information and skill development for caregivers, clinicians and other hospital staff who are supporting a child with an autism spectrum disorder while visiting the Hospital.
- Autism Spectrum Disorders: What Can I Expect? — Video | Document
- First/Then Strategies — Video | Document
- De-escalation Strategies — Video | Document
- Creating a Social Story to Explain Hospital Procedures — Video | Document
The Autism Discovery Institute offers a series of informational lectures designed to introduce teachers and other professionals to different aspects of autism spectrum disorders. These lectures can be provided at introductory or more advanced levels. The length of the lecture can be customized to meet the individual needs of your program. For more information on lectures, contact the Program Coordinator at 858-966-7453, ext. 246670.
- General autism information
- High-functioning children with autism/PDD/Asperger’s in the regular classroom
- Positive behavioral intervention
- Strategies for facilitating communication and play skills
- Inclusion strategies
- Pivotal Response Training (PRT)