Rady Children’s understands the importance of treating the whole child. We offer a full range of services for emotional well-being, from outpatient psychiatry and an inpatient eating disorders unit to a child maltreatment center and behavioral health urgent care.
Expert and compassionate care is provided by highly skilled professionals, who are dedicated to improving the lives of patients and their families. Click on the links below for detailed program information.
- Autism Services
- Inpatient Psychiatric Unit (Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Services)
- Child Maltreatment (Chadwick Center for Children & Families)
- Complex Developmental and Mental Health Needs (KidStart)
- Crisis Stabilization Unit
- Developmental, Psychological and Neuropsychological Evaluations
- Eating Disorders/Medical Behavioral Disorders Unit
- Outpatient Psychiatry
- Sleep Disorder Assessment (Sleep Center)
In the News
- Rady Children’s Hospital to Open Region’s First Pediatric Psychiatric Department , kusi.com, features Charles Wilson, senior director of the Chadwick Center for Children & Families
- Why Teenage Brains Are So Hard to Understand, Time, features Jay Giedd, M.D.
- Rady Children’s to Create Unique Psychiatric Emergency Department for Kids, The San Diego Union-Tribune, features Benjamin Maxwell, M.D., medical director, inpatient psychiatry, and Charles Wilson, senior director, Chadwick Center for Children & Families
- Expert Transpersonal Psychologist, Cheryl A. Demalignon, Ph.D, Is to Be Recognized as a 2017 Top Doctor in San Diego, California, PR NewsChannel, features Cheryl Demalignon, Ph.D.
- New Center Shows Surge in Demand for Children’s Mental Health Services, The San Diego Union-Tribune, features Barent Mynderse, director of behavioral health services
- San Diego Experts on How Anxiety Affects Children, kpbs.com, features psychiatrist Desiree Shapiro, M.D.