Research and Clinical Trials
Along with our research alliance with the UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center and St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Rady Children’s is a part of several collaborative clinical trials groups focusing on pediatric brain and spinal cord tumors. These are the Children’s Oncology Group, the Neuroblastoma and Medulloblastoma Translational Research Consortium and the Pacific Pediatric Neuro-Oncology Consortium.
Below is a list of open clinical trials. Please check the website often for new and closed studies.
- A Phase II Trial of Poly-ICLC in the Management of Recurrent Pediatric Low-Grade Gliomas
- A Phase II Trial of Nifurtimox for Refractory or Relapsed Neuroblastoma or Medulloblastoma
- ACCL0922 – A Phase II Placebo-Controlled Trial of Modafinil to Improve Neurocognitive Deficits in Children Treated for a Primary Brain Tumor
- ACCRN07 – Protocol for the Enrollment on the Official COG Registry, The Childhood Cancer Research Network (CCRN)
- ACNS0831 – Phase III Randomized Trial of Post-Radiation Chemotherapy in Patients with Newly Diagnosed Ependymoma Ages 1 to 21 years
- ACNS1123 – A Phase 2 Trial of Response-Based Radiation Therapy for Patients with Localized Central Nervous System Germ Cell Tumors (CNS GCT)
- ALTE03N1 – Key Adverse Events after Childhood Cancer
- ALTE05N1 – Umbrella Long-term Follow-up Protocol
- ALTE07C1 – Neuropsychological, Social, Emotional and Behavioral Outcomes in Children with Cancer
- NMTRC 009 – Molecular-Guided Therapy for Childhood Cancer
- NMTRC 011 – A Phase I Trial of Tolcapone alone and in Combination with Oxaliplatin in Patients with Relapsed or Refractory Neuroblastoma or Medulloblastoma
- PNOC 001 – Phase II Study of Everolimus for Recurrent or Progressive Low-grade Gliomas in Children
- PNOC 002 – Vemurafenib in Children With Recurrent/Refractory BRAFV600E-mutant Gliomas
- PNOC 003 – A pilot trial testing the feasibility of using molecular profiling to guide an individualized treatment plan in children and young adults with newly diagnosed DIPG
- SJATRT – Phase 2 Study of Alisertib as a Single Agent in Recurrent or Progressive Central Nervous System (CNS) Atypical Teratoid Rhabdoid Tumors (AT/RT) and Extra-CNS Malignant Rhabdoid Tumors (MRT) and in Combination Therapy in Newly Diagnosed AT/RT
- SJBM12 – A Clinical and Molecular Risk-Directed Therapy for Newly Diagnosed Medulloblastoma
- SJYC07 – Risk-Adapted Therapy for Young Children with Embryonal Brain Tumors, High-Grade Glioma, Choroid Plexus Carcinoma or Ependymoma
For a complete listing of open clinical trials that are available nationwide, visit clinicaltrials.gov.