Research and Clinical Trials
Along with our research alliance with the UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center and St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Rady Children’s is a part of several collaborative clinical trials groups focusing on pediatric brain and spinal cord tumors. These are the Children’s Oncology Group, the Neuroblastoma and Medulloblastoma Translational Research Consortium and the Pacific Pediatric Neuro-Oncology Consortium.
Below is a list of open clinical trials. Please check the website often for new and closed studies.
- A Phase II Trial of Nifurtimox for Refractory or Relapsed Neuroblastoma or Medulloblastoma
- A Phase 1/1b, Open Label, Dose-Escalation and Expansion Study of Entrectinib (RXDX-101) in Children and Adolescents with Recurrent or Refractory Solid Tumors and Primary CNS Tumors, with or without TRK, ROS1, or ALK Fusions
- ACNS0332 – Efficacy of Carboplatin Administered Concomitantly With Radiation and Isotretinoin as a Pro-Apoptotic Agent in Other Than Average Risk Medulloblastoma/PNET Patients
- ACNS0831 – Phase III Randomized Trial of Post-Radiation Chemotherapy in Patients with Newly Diagnosed Ependymoma Ages 1 to 21 years
- ACNS1123 – A Phase 2 Trial of Response-Based Radiation Therapy for Patients with Localized Central Nervous System Germ Cell Tumors (CNS GCT)
- ADVL621 – A Phase I/II Study of Pembrolizumab MK-3475 in Children with Advanced Melanoma or a PD-L1 Positive Advanced, Relapsed or Refractory Solid Tumor or Lymphoma
- ADVL1622 – Phase 2 Trial of XL184 (Cabozantinib) an Oral Small-Molecule Inhibitor of Multiple Kinases, in Children and Young Adults with Refractory Sarcomas, Wilms Tumor, and Other Rare Tumors
- ALTE03N1 – Key Adverse Events after Childhood Cancer
- ALTE05N1 – Umbrella Long-term Follow-up Protocol
- ALTE07C1 – Neuropsychological, Social, Emotional and Behavioral Outcomes in Children with Cancer
- APEC14B1 – The Project: Every Child Protocol: A Registry, Eligibility Screening, Biology and Outcome Study
- NMTRC 009 – Molecular-Guided Therapy for Childhood Cancer
- PNOC 001 – Phase II Study of Everolimus for Recurrent or Progressive Low-grade Gliomas in Children
- PNOC 002 – Vemurafenib in Children With Recurrent/Refractory BRAFV600E-mutant Gliomas
- PNOC 003 – A pilot trial testing the feasibility of using molecular profiling to guide an individualized treatment plan in children and young adults with newly diagnosed DIPG
- PNOC 007 – H3.3K27M Specific Peptide Vaccine Combined with poly-ICLC for the Treatment of newly diagnosed HLA-A2+ H3.3K27M Positive Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma (DIPG) as well as other newly diagnosed HLA-A2+ H3.3K27M Positive Gliomas
- SJATRT – Phase 2 Study of Alisertib as a Single Agent in Recurrent or Progressive Central Nervous System (CNS) Atypical Teratoid Rhabdoid Tumors (AT/RT) and Extra-CNS Malignant Rhabdoid Tumors (MRT) and in Combination Therapy in Newly Diagnosed AT/RT
- SJBM12 – A Clinical and Molecular Risk-Directed Therapy for Newly Diagnosed Medulloblastoma
For a complete listing of open clinical trials that are available nationwide, visit clinicaltrials.gov.