Mission & Goals
The Institute’s mission is:
Enabling the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and cures of childhood diseases through genomic and systems medicine research.
The Institute’s overall goals are:
- To fulfill its mission to conduct research designed to prevent, diagnose, treat and cure childhood disease through genomics and systems medicine research.
- To be recognized as a leading research institute of its type in the country.
- To be translational in its approach and have identified targets to improve patient outcomes.
- To contribute to the knowledge of this field of research among healthcare providers and trainees and share data and discoveries with other researchers.
- To establish an educational strategy for the broader community, including parents, physicians and other caregivers in a manner that sets the standard for defining the role of personalized medicine in clinical care.