Prep time: 5 minutes
What you need:
- 3/4 cup frozen mango chunks
- 3/4 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 3/4 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
What to do:
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth.
- Add a little water if the mixture doesn’t blend easily.
- Pour the smoothie into two glasses and enjoy.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 130 calories
- 5g protein
- 1g fat
- 1g sat. fat
- 26g carbohydrate
- 2g fiber
- 5mg cholesterol
- 60mg sodium
- 22g sugars
Serving size: 1 cup
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
This recipe has important nutrients for mom and baby, including:
Vitamin C plays an important role in tissue growth and repair and bone and tooth development. Vitamin C also helps the body absorb iron. Good sources of vitamin C include citrus fruits, broccoli, tomatoes, and fortified fruit juices.