Caring for Children – in San Diego and Beyond
Rady Children’s Hospital-San Diego is dedicated to improving the lives of children and families — in our community, throughout the nation and around the world.
We are proud to be the region’s pediatric medical center serving San Diego, Imperial and southern Riverside counties. Our hospital treats children from birth to 18 years old as well as a small number of adults with certain conditions for which we have specialized services.
Rady Children’s is:
- The largest children’s hospital on the West Coast (based on licensed beds and admissions)
- The only hospital in the San Diego area dedicated exclusively to pediatric health care
- The region’s only designated pediatric trauma center
- Provider of care to 91 percent of the region’s children
- Provider of care to 281,924 children
Our outstanding team includes nearly 1,000 physicians and nearly 1,500 nurses on staff, more than 5,100 employees, about 500 active volunteers and more than 1,200 Auxiliary members.
Achieving National and Local Recognition
We are nationally recognized for medical excellence: